Would you be interested in helping guide and develop Scotland’s leading aerial dance company?
We are looking for new Board members including a chair of the Board to help guide and develop the company. We are committed to diversity and would like our board to reflect this. We are seeking people with insight or experience in a range of disciplines including legal, HR, fundraising, education, equalities, business management & development and also those that have experience of the company in some capacity – participant, audience member. Knowledge of the Scottish and/or international arts sectors is always welcome, however expressions of interest are welcomed from anyone that feels they would bring passion and interest to the board of AoN.
We are a charity dedicated to the creation of breathtaking performances and offering learning opportunities in aerial and dance that amaze, inspire and challenge people. Although we are based in Edinburgh we have a Scotland-wide reach and international ambitions.
Our activities are wide-ranging and include:
- Producing and choreographing aerial dance theatre performance works
- Leading and collaborating on aerial dance theatre participation projects for people of all ages and abilities in partnership with other organisations
- Delivering ±25 classes per week in Edinburgh and Forth Valley to people of all ages and abilities across all aerial skills
- Delivering bespoke classes and training to the professional sector, working with experts in the field to do so
- Advocating for and developing aerial arts in Scotland
AoN is in an exciting phase of development across operations, communications, skills development, advocacy and governance, building on their experience of performing in several high profile large scale events. The charity is committed to increasing the accessibility of aerial dance and in challenging notions of who can participate.
The board of AoN meet four times per year in Edinburgh. There is no remuneration for the position, however, travel expenses will be paid.
If you are interested in becoming a board member or would like to know more about board duties, please email Jennifer Paterson, Artistic Director, email@example.com or call 07989 978598
To apply please email Jennifer (as above), attaching a CV and covering letter, indicating the particular expertise that you will bring to the organisation.
The deadline for applications is the 1st June 2018.